According to a recent article I read from Writer’s Digest there are five things everyone who wants to finish a novel draft must do. They are–as I remember them:
- Just do it. Don’t put it off just sit down and get something on the page.
- Just do it. Don’t look at a blank page start writing and the genius will come.
- Just do it. (Is it getting old yet?)
- Just do it. You only have yourself to blame if you aren’t doing it.
- (Sigh) Just do it. Who cares if you’ve been struggling with writers block or fear of writing and writing crap get something on the page.
The article was not helpful. Then again, I did sit down and start writing and got in just over 1,000 words tonight.